Username: Password: Remember me
Where have you stayed

(2 ratings)

TOPIC: Lough Ree, Ballykeeran, Athlone

Lough Ree, Ballykeeran, Athlone 16 Aug 2015 21:24 #514

• Gordoncbrown
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Arrived here and booked in fine. John is a character. He is great. We spent about 15 minutes chatting before we went and found our pitch. Well I say our pitch , it is a bit of a free for all. No pitches marked out as such. As this is popular for boating etc some pitches had a caravan,awning , table and chairs, bbq, log burner, boat and car on them. We had a great spot down by the water. Electric was ok but a couple of points we tried had no neutral but got one that was ok in the end. Water close to pitch. Facilities ok but 4 showers for the site is a bit low and one of them was out of order.Second night was a nightmare. Quite all evening then at 23:00 some singing started close by. At 23:30 I had to go ask them to keep the noise down. I was polite but the response I got was not. They also had a log burner going and sparks were coming from it. Not good with tents and awnings about. These are long term people on these pitches so will most likely be there all the time. No rules on this site at all. John is great but unless there are big changes we would never return to this site.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron

Lough Ree, Ballykeeran, Athlone 15 Sep 2015 16:15 #523

• Patrek255
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
This was a handy location for us and we have been there two weekends.
John is a lovely guy but the site leaves a lot to be desired

Free for all at pitch time
No amenities for kids
Bathrooms rough and not clean
showers were ok on my visit
very loud at night

Note: this site is aimed at the boating community (right beside a lake) and is fine for 1 night - just didn't suit us

Lough Ree, Ballykeeran, Athlone 13 Aug 2016 15:08 #569

Stayed here August 2016. 2 adults and 2 kids. Not what I was expecting. No playground for kids. Campers kitchen a shambles. Fridge mouldy and couldn't be used. There is a small grill in a corner between table and fridge that was filthy. Games room ok for older kids with pool table and dart board. There are boats on the lough but are privately owned so overall there is nothing to do. Very noisy at night. Alot of cars coming and going. I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Time to create page: 0.662 seconds